« Home | How to Use the Subconscious to Cope with Lifestyle... » | Herbs For Better Health: Goldenseal » | Effective Colon Cleansing At Home » | Colon Surgery » | Colon Cleanse - What Is The Difference Between A C... » | Blue Cohosh - Benefits and Uses of Blue Cohosh » | A Healthy Life Style Through A Clean Colon » | What Is So Special About Gemstones? Choosing The R... » | The Reasons Why You Need to Lay Down You Preconcei... » | Steps for Picking Out the Best Detox Foods » 

Monday, December 1, 2008 

My Life Is Defined By My Ill Health - Healing Myth #2

Introduction

Last week in the library I browsed through the 'alternative health' section. An older book 'Why People Don't Heal And How They Can' by well-known medical intuitive Caroline Myss begged 'take me, take me'. So, I brought it home.

This series of healing myths is based upon this book. It is not a book review, but rather my aid to your self-healing effort, easing you into some of Myss' fascinating healing concepts.

Healing Myths

You might have read my first article in this series: being healthy means being alone -- Healing Myth #1 . In this second article I will be talking about an associated healing myth: being defined by injury or ill health. I will be discussing some valuable healing insights on about road blocks to healing. As a pragmatic healing professional myself, I am offering self-empowerment suggestions to remove these blocks and help you heal.

The Healing Myth #2: My Life Is Defined By My Injury or Ill Health

While everyone is to some degree influenced by personal mental, emotional or physical wounds, many people believe that their lives are the result of these old wounds. They hold the self-limiting belief that they can not heal.

While sad, this belief gives them power. It permits them to demand other people's help and sympathy for their injury or poor health, without ever challenging the 'wounded ones' to put it behind them. They can not fail as none can expect anything of them nor do they carry responsibilities. However, such constant focus on wounds deepens their injury and their growing fear of strength and independence hinders their recovery.

Self-Healing Considerations

Who are 'They'? Many of us are included here, to some degree... If you find yourself thinking or saying: 'I could have been a ... but my wounded past prevented me from achieving it' or 'my wounded past is far worse than yours' take note to these pointers to recovery:

  1. Observe 'wounded-me' self-talk. Catch yourself when you have limiting thoughts, such as your excuses why you're not doing more positive things with your life; and when you feel empowered by the thought of being more wounded than others.
  2. Start healing talk including a change: 'while I have been limited by this in the past, today I'm taking a step beyond it, and am actually doing xyz towards reaching my goal. I'm ready to surprise myself to actually reach it.'

Healing is Changing; Changing for Good!

Author A. Lee, MBA, is a Reiki Master Teacher, who teaches all levels of Usui Reiki. She offers stories from her healing practice.

Visit Lee's website to learn about the wide range of Reiki benefits plus other detailed Reiki info: http://www.TherapeuticReiki.com. Lee's clients and students come from all over Canada, the United States & Europe. Read student & client testimonials online.

Lee is a sought-after distant Reiki Master. Book your distant Reiki treatment with her today, or inquire about her healing classes.

Lee maintains the blog for the initiative: WE ARE ONE WORLD HEALING. In addition to featuring the monthly events, the blog has become a great resource on the topic of self-healing, alternative therapy, Reiki, distance healing, healing crystals, angels, aromatherapy and much more. Well worth a visit. Sign up for the newsletter on the blog.

Metastatic Colon Cancer
Colon Cancer Stage
Stage 3 Colon Cancer

About me

  • I'm kats-blog25574
  • From
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates